Criminal procedure in the United States’ justice system has a number of requirements intended to protect individual rights, including the arrest warrant. Search Montgomery County for lists of outstanding warrants on the internet, and although many names may appear through many sources (not all verified), it must be assumed that the people listed have not been convicted of a crime, and cannot be presumed guilty. Our system works on the “innocent until proven guilty” model.
- The provided information is for the convenience of users
- No guarantee is made as to the timeliness, authenticity and accuracy of the information
- Users should not rely upon the information
- The sheriff and county have no liability should someone rely upon the information
- Users should take no actions based upon the contents of the list
In a county where there are about forty crimes per year, with only a few violent crimes in any five-year period, there are still going to be active arrest warrants from time to time. The list on the sheriff’s website link is 18 pages long, which seems excessive. However, there is no notation as to the exact location or dates of offenses, so it is unclear of the scope of the list. The good news is that it is in alphabetical order and easy to scan, so finding the names of individuals with active warrants in Montgomery County, AR, is relatively simple.
In terms of arrest records, the sheriff may also have that information, or else may provide the name of the correct office to find information on arrests. The Montgomery County sheriff’s Office may be reached at 870 867-315.