Despite the varying Sunshine Laws across the 50 states in the country, people are allowed to conduct some form of crime history inquiry in every part of the country. For example, in keeping with the laws of AR, it is possible to conduct an arrest warrant search in Lawrence County to find out about the criminal involvement of third parties and learn about the active warrants in your own name.
To conduct this inquiry, you can either go to a state agency or enlist the service of a private information seller. If the idea of connecting with a government department that was actually involved in the issue of active warrants and their execution is more to your liking, you should either go to the magistrate’s court or the sheriff’s office.
While the judiciary holds the authority to grant warrants, it is the police that file the request for these directives and makes arrests under the warrants. So, you can find details on Lawrence County outstanding warrants and arrest records from both these sources. In fact, because these agencies also play a part in the issue and serving of other judicial orders, you can also find out about bench warrants, summons, and other such decrees from them.
The office of the county clerk is a judicial alternative to the agencies mentioned above. You approach the county clerk in the same way you would the other state departments. The difference here is that you will get access to civil records as well, and you can launch the inquiry on your own by browsing through their court dockets database.
- The office of the sheriff: 315 W Main St Rm 15, Walnut Ridge, Arkansas 72476
- The court of the magistrate: 315 W Main St, Walnut Ridge, AR 72476
- The department of the county clerk: PO Box 581, Walnut Ridge, Arkansas 72476
- Most wanted list: MW: http://www.lawrencecountysheriffsoffice.com/most-wanted/
What phone numbers should you be dialing for a warrants search or arrests inquiry in Lawrence County? (2021-Update)
- Queries about recent arrests: 870-886-2525.
- An arrest report or accident records from the Sheriff’s Office: 870) 886-2525 ext 4.
- Warrants-related information: 870-886-1140/870-886-1140/870-886-1140.
- Information about help provided to crime victims: 870-523-6761.
- Court dockets: 870-886-1112.
Of the nearly 1700 criminal complaints filed in Lawrence County, Arkansas, less than 200 were made against violent acts such as murder and rape. Consequently, these crime categories clocked in incident rates of 1 and 10, respectively, over a period of 8 years.